Image Map Image Map

Thread: I was beginning to lose hope ...

Default I was beginning to lose hope ...

I ordered 2 rca to bnc adapters on June 25. This year. Damned things cost me .76$ (with shipping). They were hanging on the door knob this morning. And this was before the mail came ... do you think they delivered it themselves? It just occurred to me it may have wound up in someone else's mailbox. But how many weeks ago? I sure am relieved they got here though. So I guess this is more of an anti@rant. Now I can put my tiny NEC composite monitor up for sale. Test it moreover.

I also got my Atari ST mouse woohoo. Nice shape too. And Space Opera vol.1 (an ancient sci-fi role playing game). I had already obtained a very moldy vol. 2, which I scanned and threw out. Not that I imagine ever playing anything like that again, both were cheap, I said what the hey.

Blog Entries

I ordered some TTL chips and resistors from Thailand the last week of June. I finally had enough of waiting and filed a papal dispute (not eBay as they do everything in their power to not let you open a case). They sided with me and I got my money back. a week and a half later 3 different packets showed up.. they went through the country of Georgia for some reason and they put new shipping labels and tracking info on it.. Its ridiculous to think something could take over 2 months to actually ship. Those are the occasions id be happy to pay 6 times as much for the domestic equivalent..

..still, It's hard to beat 100 resistors for 79 cents.

Do I feel bad that I got my money and the items arrives as well? Not at all, I didn't sign on for for an entire season to pass before I get my merchandise.

Blog Entries

Strange--2 weeks is about average for stuff from China for me; a month is about tops. So I plan my projects way ahead of time.

Aliexpress tends to be a bit better on shipping than eBay, but only a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by VERAULT View Post
    a week and a half later 3 different packets showed up.. they went through the country of Georgia for some reason and they put new shipping labels and tracking info on it..
    Almost certain the GSP had something to do with it. Ebay has a new shipping system called "Speedpak" that they introduced late last year to get crap from around the world to the US the cheapest way possible for sellers. Items shipped via GSP use the lowest bidder shipping companies and are routinely shipped through longer routes, go through many carriers and are often repackaged to reduce size/weight.

I've had even small items from China lose the original tracking number because they were repackaged/relabeled under a different carrier. The package will track about halfway and then become lost, only to show up two weeks later unannounced.

10 -14 days used to be the average when ordering stuff from china for me, Lately though it's been taking longer and longer, A month or 2 seems to be the norm now, About a month ago i ordered some bits from a seller in china that i'd never used before, About 10 worth with free shipping, 7 days later my order arrived delivered by a courier, I was well surprised.