Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PM quota warning

Blog Entries

Default PM quota warning

I got double teamed this week and was not aware of it.

I'm in the middle of a transaction and apparently I was not able to send a PM because my "sent Items" folder was full. I was not even aware that was possible.
    After dumping half my sent PM's (why is it even saving stuff that is half a decade old??) I discovered that I STILL couldn't send the message because the other user had a full inbox. Magical.

Does vBulletin have any kind of warning system for when you are about to run out of space, or is it just that capacity bar that sits at the bottom of the page?
    = Excellent space heater

Just check it every so often after reading or sending a PM. It's actually quite simple.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Just check it every so often after reading or sending a PM. It's actually quite simple.
    Doesn't help new users out, who might not be aware, and have a super small quota to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by glitch View Post
    Doesn't help new users out, who might not be aware, and have a super small quota to start with.
    1) NeXT is not a new user.

2) New users cannot send PMs so it's a moot point as they have no quota.

3) Where did you get that 'super small quota' from?
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    2) New users cannot send PMs ...
    New users, including those with only one post registered, often send me PM's (in response to my PM to them).

Well this old timer didn't know about that either!

+ Reply to Thread