Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Commodore PET 4016 - REPAIRED!

Quote Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
    Yes, Mark may have found the magic solution for his keyboard: 400 grit sandpaper. Although the guitar copper adhesive film sounds pretty good too.
    -Dave
    I was about to say this! I revived a C64 keyboard (With the old style plunger design like the pet) with 1500 grit sandpaper. 0% of the keys worked when I started and 100% work now. I literally sanded the pads down a little until each wasn't shiny any longer. I then wiped them clean with a cotton swab and 50% alcohol.

Before I did this I tried alcohol and contact cleaner, both of which worked 100% to revive my two PET keyboard but barely did anything on the C64. I think one or two keys sort of worked after this.

So the 1500 grit worked for me (I didn't try anything else, I just had it at hand) and now it works 100%. Not even flaky -- very responsive.
    -- Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by mfenberg View Post
    More pictures showing the cabinet on all sides and the interior. I even removed the transformer to get to the dust underneath! I decided not to go for "like-new" white and to just do a reasonable cleaning to remove the majority of accumulated dust and dirt. The cabinet and interior look very good!

Mark
    This is all glorious. Another PET brought back to life!!
    -- Adrian

Mark, what did you clean the main board with?

Quote Originally Posted by Alien_Shore View Post
    Mark, what did you clean the main board with?
    The main board only required dust to be blown off and I also used a good quality soft bristled paint brush to help in dust removal.

Mark