Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LTL Freight shipping

I just recently moved 8,000 pounds of Vintage computer stuff 1600 miles domestically in Canada.

I had a local moving company at the source pick up the stuff from the seller's residence (5 1/2 hour drive in each direction) and 6 guys spent 5 hours loading it on to a 22 foot truck.

They took it to the loading docks of a LTL freight company called FastFrate (I'm sure they operate in the US as well) where the moving company palletized and shrink-wrapped it, turned it over to FastFrate who containerized it, shipped it by rail to Toronto and then trucked it to Hamilton. There they used a power tailgate and skid-jack to off-load it into the workshop where we are testing, repairing and sorting it all.

Including $500 CAD for all-risks insurance, it cost just a little over $6,000 CAD.

You can weigh that figure against over options.
    Legacy Computers and Parts

Sales of, parts for, and repairs to, Vintage and Legacy computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I'd also give Craters & Freighers a call and get an estimate. This is what they specialize in--and by all reports, they do a good job of it.
    We used Craters & Freighters quite a bit at my previous place of employment and never had any issues, so when I bought a TRS-80 Model 12 a couple of months ago I had them ship it. It arrived in perfect condition. The Model 12/16B/6000 are not easy to ship safely.