Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just wanted to show off my new 128

Blog Entries

I'd keep at least one printer and both 1571s.

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    My problem is that I don't really know what to look for, so I'll probably end up imaging everything and eventually send them off to someone who knows what they're looking at.

As for the monitor, I'll try my hand at replacing the power switch, but I can't get any picture to show up on the screen no matter what I have it set to. I have the 80 column cable for it and that's what I've been trying. I already agreed to sell my friend that 1581 disk drive, should pay for the whole bundle and then some so I'll end up with basically a free 128! I'll probably end up selling off some of the other pieces I don't need also like the printers, one of the 1571's, cassette drives, and some of the nicer games.
    I had the same problem with my 1902a after 20+ years of storage. I flipped the selector switches for signal type back and forth several times and it now works fine. I think it was just a bit of corrosion on the switch contacts.
    PCjr, DTK PC-XT Turbo, 386DX 33, 486 laptop, Pentium 120, Pentium III 500, various old laptops, Commodore Colt, all working. I also have a 286 that I need to see if I can repair.

Quote Originally Posted by KenEG View Post
    I had the same problem with my 1902a after 20+ years of storage. I flipped the selector switches for signal type back and forth several times and it now works fine. I think it was just a bit of corrosion on the switch contacts.
    I'll take it apart and spray some contact cleaner around. That could very well be the issue because I don't thing the storage was the driest based on the condition of a couple of the boxes.

That power switch, which is the same for most Commodore monitors, especially the Amiga 1080, Commodore 2002, 1984S (which has the same shape) are easy to replace since it's not solderd to the PCB. An AT type power switch will work if you can't get the exact replacement. Once you remove the old one you will see what I mean.

Looks like a Panasonic printer. Can you tell me which model?

The Panasonic printer is a KX-P1124. I was going to keep this 128, but my friend wanted it a lot more than I did so I sold him the 128, the monitor, the Commodore printer, and the boxes of software. The 1581 was promised to my uncle, but the 1571's, a cassette drive, and the Panasonic printer will be for sale soon. My friend already had 1 and I can't use them without a Commodore. My friend is going to slowly go through the software and if he comes across anything worth cataloging, I'll make images of the disks.

Very cool! I look at LetGo periodically but never find anything good, at least locally. Have been on the hunt for a C128 for a while... I love CPM machines
    -- Adrian

Sometimes you just get lucky, I've had a few good scores locally! Just have to check constantly