Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a quick question about Microsoft, please hear me out

Blog Entries

It wasn't spam, but it was certainly off-topic. This forum is dedicated to all things relating to vintage computers. Selling blood glucose meters is not related to vintage computing. (Selling vintage computers are.) If you want to sell non-computer things, ebay is your best bet anyway, so not only was it off-topic, it was puzzling why you chose this forum to advertise it.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmdlcar View Post
    He delete my message to and I think he likes to delete message.

All I was trying to do is sell some brand new accu-chek aviva to make money so I could buy some Coco stuff. He said it was SPAM so he delete my message. What they were was my wife strips and they change them so I was going sell them. I thought I could help someone to save money if they use that type of strips.
    For everyone reading this post, the accu-check for sale email was deleted because it was not on topic to be sold on this forum. If you were selling your wife’s vintage typewriter or radio that might squeak by. Medical supplies are very off topic here even if the proceeds were to be used to buy a vintage computer. I would suggest selling them though a website focused on a medical condition where people use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    It wasn't spam, but it was certainly off-topic. This forum is dedicated to all things relating to vintage computers. Selling blood glucose meters is not related to vintage computing. (Selling vintage computers are.) If you want to sell non-computer things, ebay is your best bet anyway, so not only was it off-topic, it was puzzling why you chose this forum to advertise it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey986 View Post
    For everyone reading this post, the accu-check for sale email was deleted because it was not on topic to be sold on this forum. If you were selling your wife’s vintage typewriter or radio that might squeak by. Medical supplies are very off topic here even if the proceeds were to be used to buy a vintage computer. I would suggest selling them though a website focused on a medical condition where people use them.
    I wish you 2 was as poor as me and the one that delete it you would understand. When you don't have anything to sell I did what I could. I sell on eBay for one thing I don't know how to and beside I have no way to take it to the post office because I drive any more.

All I wanted to buy was what I needed for DriveWire at the time when I try to sell the strips but now I want to get the Coco SDC.

Let me give you a short reply to think about. The gist of it is: it's all pretty relative.

And b) The others are a lot worse
    And c) I won't even cite Microsoft ....

- Imagine allowing a company to read every email you write and receive, because they tell you they just want to serve you up better advertisements (Google obviously)

- Did you ever configure a boundary firewall and see the tens and thousands of continuous attacks on your systems?

- Did you ever packet analyse any modern LAN network and see the literally continuous requests to ports and devices by modern network discovery protocols

- Did you ever look at the trackers that are now embedded into just about every web page that you load (check logs from Ghostery, Privacy Blocker, uBlock as 3 quick examples)

---

It is flippin everywhere, people are either ignorant, old, innocent or some combination.

I have little time for people crying foul at large corporations, it is naivete in the extreme

Blog Entries

for one thing I don't know how to
    When I first started with ebay, I didn't know how to either. That's not an excuse. You learn by doing. Create an ebay account, look at existing listings for what you want to sell so you get a sense for what a fair price is, and then click "Sell". If you can post in this forum, you can learn how to use ebay.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    When I first started with ebay, I didn't know how to either. That's not an excuse. You learn by doing. Create an ebay account, look at existing listings for what you want to sell so you get a sense for what a fair price is, and then click "Sell". If you can post in this forum, you can learn how to use ebay.
    I don't have them anymore after that I put them in the trash can. And if I would post on the forum it would be off topic and if I did learn how I still have no way to the post office.

I don't have them anymore after that I put them in the trash can. And if I would post on the forum it would be off topic and if I did learn how I still have no way to the post office.
    How would you get to the post office if you sold them here? It's the same Post Office no matter where you sell them
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

I'm not going to apologize for deleting spam.

jdmlcar asked to be deleted or banned from the forum multiple times even though I tried to explain to him that we don't do that for innocent misunderstandings. I can see that approach has not worked, and I have now fixed the glitch ...

Back to the regularly scheduled rant ...

Blog Entries

"fixed the glitch", LOL
    Offering a bounty for: