Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tektronix 4052 emulator.

Quote Originally Posted by daver2 View Post

The fix is easy - I don't need to do anything because I didn't change my emulator to a transparent latch in the first place!
    I am not familiar with the Tektronix design, but the thing to note is if both 373 and 374's are used, the 373 will latch on the drop of the clock, while the 374 will latch on the rise of the clock. There must be a special reason for this as is seems on the surface a little unusual. Perhaps it is only to avoid some race condition?

Quote Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
    Hi Dave,
    My understanding of bit slice architecture is that the current pipeline register output and the latched ALU Status from the previous microinstruction are used to make a decision.

-Dave
    The classic reference is "Mick and Brick" ie. "Bit-Slice Microprocessor Design"
    it's up on http://bitsavers.org/components/amd/Am2900 now

Downloading now Al...

dave_m: the two devices used in the pipeline are 273 and 374 - both of these are low->high latch.

Dave

It is still not working - but it is not working for potentially the right reason now - if that makes sense?!

I think I now need to 'fix' the AM2901 Carry flag logic and put in the 'shifting' logic. The carry flag logic should be straight forwards - but will probably cause me major headaches nonetheless; whereas the shifting logic I have already worked out on paper (being a combination of the AM2901 internals and some 'horrid' Tektronix hardware outside of the AM2901 to do clever things (e.g. rotate through carry, rotate, byte and words, left and right))...

I am on another business trip for the remainder of this week - so I will take the AM2901 data book with me and my notebook...

Thanks once again for the constructive help that everyone has given.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    The classic reference is "Mick and Brick" ie. "Bit-Slice Microprocessor Design"
    it's up on http://bitsavers.org/components/amd/Am2900 now
    Al,
    This is a great reference book!
    -Dave