Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Lisa XL Caretaker: Help getting her running?

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    You said you have a ProFile drive as well so you might actually have a dual port parallel expansion card which ONLY WORKS WITH PROFILE DISKS and not devices like zip drives or parallel port printers.
    You don't necessarily need it to boot the machine so you can remove it and try powering the system up.
    Not true, the Lisa dual par port card supports parallel printers like the apple DMP, Letter quality printer, and Cannon BubbleJet. The OP's card is par not serial, most likely for the profile he mentioned.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    I really do not remember Apple or Sun Remarketing selling a serial card for the Lisa. I don't even think at the time LOS or the Macintosh system software could easily support more than two serial ports.
    You said you have a ProFile drive as well so you might actually have a dual port parallel expansion card which ONLY WORKS WITH PROFILE DISKS and not devices like zip drives or parallel port printers.
    You don't necessarily need it to boot the machine so you can remove it and try powering the system up.
    Goodness! It is indeed parallel, not serial. Was serial even a thing in '85? Sorry for the slip up, been away from vintage machines too long.

Blog Entries

Not true, the Lisa dual par port card supports parallel printers like the apple DMP, Letter quality printer, and Cannon BubbleJet.
    I think I have seen this mentioned before in print form but I have never seen a photograph of this configuration. It throws me off every time.
    = Excellent space heater