Image Map Image Map

Thread: IBM MDA Monochrome video card not functional - toubleshooting help wanted

Default IBM MDA Monochrome video card not functional - toubleshooting help wanted

I have a brown/copper colored IBM MDA b/w card that is not working. There are no visible sign of damage. No visible blown T-caps.
    The MB and monitor are in good working condition. MB switches set correctly. I have a IBM green b/w MDA card that is working.
    I would like to see what might be done to bring this card back to life. All I have is multimeter, a logic probe, and a soldering station.
    Are there any troubleshooting guides to work though to find what might be wrong with this card?
    Atari Falcon 030/FX-1 CF & SD 14mb, Atari MSTE, Atari PS3000, STACY 4 /w UltraSatan SD, 4160STE-CosmosEX, Atari PC1-PCH204-2xPCF-551-PCM124, 1040STFM, 1040STF, 520ST(4mb, 16mhz), 400-48K & std kybrd, 800, 600XL, 800XL, 1200XL(256 Rambo,svideo,31-OS,APE upgrade), 130XE, XEGS, matching peripherals for all,
    Apple llGS ROM 3-4mb-CF HD, C64, 4+, IBM XT 5160, IT 99/4+, TRS80-4P, Amiga 500,

Quote Originally Posted by KLund1 View Post
    I have a brown/copper colored IBM MDA b/w card that is not working.
    If you decide to replace it I have one that is working.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

If you have a CGA card and monitor, you can install the both of them and then poke around using DEBUG in the MDA registers to see what is or is not working. Beyond that, given your limited toolset, it's going to be a little difficult.