Image Map Image Map

Thread: Zenith Data System ZDS 625 NL

Default Zenith Data System ZDS 625 NL

Dear All,
    I have the possibility to buy a Zenith ZDS 625 NL... but the PSU is missing!
    And the power plug is... quite strange.
    Have somebody some info on how to build the connector to be used with a "standard" PSU... or better the possibility to sell a suitable working PSU?
    B/R

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster_in_Jax View Post
    Thanx. But the links are corrupt! In the file I have found the P/N of the AC adapter and I even tried to look for it over the internet but I haven't found anything...

I made a small step... I have found an old ebay auction with a BIG photo of the AC adaptor...
    Packard-Bell-Statesman-Vintage-Laptop-PARTS-REPAIR-_57.jpg
    If I understand well:
    21V charge is only needed to recharge the battery... so if this is not needed...
    21V output is to turn on the laptop
    GND is... GND
    CTR?
    Does anybody have idea about the connector type?
    It seems a connector similar to PS2 ones...

Quote Originally Posted by flaviosr View Post
    CTR?
    Control ?

Quote Originally Posted by modem7 View Post
    Control ?
    Probably... but which type of control? I suppose the computer decides what to do with the AC adapter, it can probably tell the PSU to recharge the batteries OR power the computer... so that electricity only arrives through a single pin and through both... if it's so, can I simply use a standard AC adapter deciding for example to power the computer without the "permission" of the computer itself? A possibility would be to simply remove the batteries...

Assuming:
    * 'CTL' is a control signal to the power supply
    * '21V CHARGE' is only used to charge the laptop's battery
    * '21V OUTPUT' powers laptop circuitry other than the battery

Yes, one possibility is that the 'control' line tells the power supply to disable the 21V CHARGE output, because the battery has reached full charge.
    It does not make sense to me that the 'control' would enable/disable both the 21V CHARGE and 21V OUTPUT.

Educated guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by flaviosr View Post
    Thanx. But the links are corrupt! In the file I have found the P/N of the AC adapter and I even tried to look for it over the internet but I haven't found anything...
    The web page is from a former seller of Zenith parts. I captured the web page before it was taken off line. The links aren't corrupt. The links are dead now.
    I doubt you will find one place where most of the Zenith laptop adapters are listed.