Image Map Image Map

Thread: Motorola MDT 9100 Series Computer

Blog Entries

Default Motorola MDT 9100 Series Computer

I now have a vehicle that allows me to cram one of these under the dash where normally an optional Air Conditioning package would fit.
    The 9100-T, -386 and -WS series machines are a full PC compatible 386 system that is designed to operate in a car and were mainly used in police cars up until a decade ago. It's super tiny.

I specifically need the 386 model which includes at the very least a 32-bit CPU to enable me to get some specialty GPS software running through Windows and a PCMCIA slot which can be used to boot from something other than the onboard 4mb flash memory and hold map data. Best case scenario is a unit with two serial ports, the parallel port and the SCSI option. At the very least I need the two serial ports.
    Depending on the configuration of what you have I can negotiate up to $250 + shipping. That's about where the last few sold on ebay in the last few months but at least they're now showing up with their keyboards still attached.

Edited: Also I can't really install the carphone without the terminal because I need to fabricate a bracket for the cradle but need to know some measurements the MDT can provide.
    Last edited by NeXT; September 12th, 2018 at 05:28 PM.
    = Excellent space heater

Blog Entries

Ow, my blinkin' eyes! Is there a "zoom" feature on that thing?

Of course, when I saw the prototype of the Osborne 1, I said that there was no way someone would buy one with that tiny screen... Shows what I know.

Would fit nicely under the dash in my '85 Blazer

Ross
    Collection: TRS-80 Model 3 w/autoboot FreHD, TRS-80 Model 4 (X2), TI-99/4a (X2) w/PEB, Timex Sinclair ZX-81 w 16K module, Raspberry PI (X5), 1u eServer running Linux, Intel Brick Computer running Linux, Dell Optiplex 160 (X2) 1 running Win7, 1 running Linux, Dell Optiplex 755 running Win10, Mini MAC (Apple)(X2), a hacked together AMD A6-5400K running Win10, and several laptops running everything from XP to Win10 (X5+)

My "company" car in the late 90's:

96fordinterior.jpg

Before that, it was steno pads and rubber bands.

I've actually been looking for a well equipped 9100-T myself...