Image Map Image Map

Thread: Usermanual for wordstar (ws.com) for cp/m?

Default Usermanual for wordstar (ws.com) for cp/m?

Hello, is anywhere a usermanual for wordstar for cp/m available? PDF format prefered. I have the software, but no experience with it.

Nicht sicher, welches du brauchst, also hier ist eines von deinem Hals des Waldes:
    ftp://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stutt.../pdf/microPro/
    Bill
    @ BillDeg:
    Web: vintagecomputer.net
    Twitter: @billdeg
    Youtube: @billdeg
    Unauthorized Bio

Quote Originally Posted by billdeg View Post
    Nicht sicher, welches du brauchst, also hier ist eines von deinem Hals des Waldes:
    ftp://bitsavers.informatik.uni-stutt.../pdf/microPro/
    Bill
    LOL!

I think 'Neck of the woods' makes even less sense in German than it does in English...

Thanks a lot!

Hello,, I have transfered wordstar to the ETV 300 and started it. It looks quite strange when starting, first some unreadable characters, scrolling down, but then something readable appears, but not useable, as the escape sequences or whatever are not interpreted. But it can clearly read that it is wordstar for Olivetti ETV 300. Strange. What's wrong?

wordstar.jpg

Note: The ETV 300 uses TMS9937NL and CRT8021 chip on it's graphics card. Does that tell anything about the emulated terminal?
    Last edited by 1ST1; September 16th, 2018 at 03:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Looks like cursor positioning code for the end of line isn't being properly evaluated. If you have the ETV documentation, try changing option D in the terminal install to match the ETV codes.

Unfortunatelly I have not such documentation. I only have the user manual for the wordprocessor software.

Blog Entries

I can't find any setup information for any other screen editor for the ETV-300 not even for UCSD Pascal. I guess the only way to figure out what Olivetti does is to disassemble the built-in editor and then use that to adjust WordStar. Unfortunately, you will be largely on your own here; I may understand the principles but lack the knowledge to reliably help.

Is there anywhere a kind of test program, which can be used to test the terminal? Which then tells, if you see that and that, then you have terminal emulation xyz?