Image Map Image Map

Thread: Apple II demonstation software

Default Apple II demonstation software

Could someone recommend one or more "demonstration" programs for Apple II computers. I mean something that I could just leave running that someone could watch and shows off the abilities of the machine. In this case the machine is an Apple IIc, so something that makes use of its capabilities would be great.

I'm thinking of screen saver-like "dazzle" programs, unattended business program demos, games with good looping demo modes, that sort of thing. Not really thinking of "demoscene" type demos, but something more intensive than just the original demonstration disks bundled with early Apples.

Bard's Tale III has a cool looping animation of a bard playing a mandolin. I don't remember if the music loops or not. I also don't know if it has MIDI support.

Speaking of which, if you can get ahold of a MIDI adapter for your //c, then you could do something like this:

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...tima-V-in-1988

I can't remember if MousePaint came with some demo pictures. I know MacPaint did, but I might be confusing the two.

"COLOR DEMO" or "COLOR DEMOSOFT" with option 3 (I think), Kaleidoscope.

4. Default

Try something from Shell Games, or either Infinite Monkeys or The Great Probability Machine from this disk.

Or one of the later Ultima games, which has a really cool intro screen, and does a play-thru demo too.

Actually, what I have been liking so far is Stellar 7's mission briefing loop. Looks good on the tiny green-screen, even more so when I had the CRT case/bezel off for cleaning.

6. Default

I always found the voice over in The Halley Project to be pretty impressive too. But I don't recall that there's a lot of screen action going on with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Could someone recommend one or more "demonstration" programs for Apple II computers. I mean something that I could just leave running that someone could watch and shows off the abilities of the machine. In this case the machine is an Apple IIc, so something that makes use of its capabilities would be great.

I'm thinking of screen saver-like "dazzle" programs, unattended business program demos, games with good looping demo modes, that sort of thing. Not really thinking of "demoscene" type demos, but something more intensive than just the original demonstration disks bundled with early Apples.
    I have the Apple IIgs demo disks here: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/drivers/SystemDemoDisks/
    I seem to recall the Apple IIc had a set of something similar, but haven't been able to locate them.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)