Image Map Image Map

Thread: Tandy 1000T / S:L - Memory Expansion past 768K and CD-ROM

Blog Entries

Default Tandy 1000T / S:L - Memory Expansion past 768K and CD-ROM

Will the Tandy 1000TL or SL support installing ISA Memory Expansion boards that have 1 or 2 MB of RAM on them or would they not work at all?

Also, is there any benefit to installing a SCSI or IDE CD-ROM Drive in an SL or TL?
    "In Life, The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short..."

Expanded memory requires a driver

3. Default

I can’t think of any reason to use a CD on something that old. I have a Backpack CD that I use for older machines, and never ever had the need to connect it to a Tandy 1000. I just do the old 3.5 and 5.25 floppies and a parralel Zip drive. All that, along with a removable CF hard drive is way more than enough to backup and move data around.

If you really want to do an internal CD, a Soundblaster might be an easy way to hook one up too.
    Tandy 1000EX/SX/HX/TL3/RLHD, Tandy 2500SX-MultiMedia/SX-33, Coco 1, Coco 3, TRS-80 4p

Looking for a 1000TX mobo, EX/HX Serial / Parallel cards, and that little tab from the upper right corner of a Tandy keyboard that holds the function key labels in place

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
    Expanded memory requires a driver
    Is it a specific Tandy Driver or a specific driver for each individual Memory expansion card?
    "In Life, The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short..."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smack2k View Post
    Is it a specific Tandy Driver or a specific driver for each individual Memory expansion card?
    Specific driver per card though some companies made drivers that handled the whole product line and some drivers could work with cards from multiple manufacturers.