Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for highres images of IBM 5161 case badge

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    @VileR - What software did you use to make these? I am thinking I want to try and put together an entire set of high res files for all of the IBM case badges, so people can get them re-printed as needed.
    Answered in my last post - just Photoshop. Should be interesting to see results from those.
    It probably wouldn't be difficult to re-create other IBM ones, given good enough sources (I only have a 5160 here).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VileR View Post
    Answered in my last post - just Photoshop. Should be interesting to see results from those.
    It probably wouldn't be difficult to re-create other IBM ones, given good enough sources (I only have a 5160 here).
    If I get you some sources, can you make the others? I am getting the sense that this is pretty easy for you to do, and it would probably take me days without as close a match as you have achieved.

From there, I can ask Modem7 if he is willing to add them to his website so others can make their own badges. There are two different badges for each model, the fancy one on the front (like the two you already made) and the ones on the back, which are just the IBM logo and the model (e.g 5160).

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Where did you order the badges from?

If you have heaps of spare time, maybe you could make me one that says 'IBM Personal Gaming Computer' ? I'll show you why if you do

Thanks!
    Bobby.

Blog Entries

I made one twenty years ago that says Amiga Personal Workstation. It was on a generic clone tower that I used to house disk drives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bobba84 View Post
    Where did you order the badges from?

If you have heaps of spare time, maybe you could make me one that says 'IBM Personal Gaming Computer' ? I'll show you why if you do

Thanks!
    Interestingly enough from www.case-badges.com. If you do order from them, one tip is to select the rectangular labels that are 1" high, and then set the width to 1", that way you get the option to have square corners and not rounded ones. For some reason the 1"x1" badges don't give you that option. Oh, and their minimum order is 10, so it's unlikely you'll get away with spending less than $30 (but they have free shipping).

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Cool, thanks!
    Bobby.

Blog Entries

Well they arrive today, so a 3 day turn around, which is pretty good. But, they were shipped in a soft envelope, and got majorly crushed in transit, none of them survived. So I am working on getting them replaced.

But here is a picture of the least damaged one directly above the label of a 5160. They are very close in look, which is awesome. But a more knowledgeable person would probably notice pretty quickly that these are paper thing, whereas the original IBM ones are nearly 1/8" thick. So I may check in with our friend who does signs to see if they can get these printed on proper brushed metallic stock of the same thickness. Although these could probably be glued/stuck to a backer to bring it out to the same thickness and not be all that noticeable.

Blog Entries

Maybe a small 1/8" plate could be 3d-printed, and the sticker applied to that, to give it the correct thickness?
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

3d printed? Local hardware stores will cut you a sheet of perspex to whatever dimensions you desire.

⅛ aluminium stock is cheap and can be cut to size quicker than a 3D printer can be set up and programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by lutiana View Post
    If I get you some sources, can you make the others? I am getting the sense that this is pretty easy for you to do, and it would probably take me days without as close a match as you have achieved.

From there, I can ask Modem7 if he is willing to add them to his website so others can make their own badges. There are two different badges for each model, the fancy one on the front (like the two you already made) and the ones on the back, which are just the IBM logo and the model (e.g 5160).
    Sure, no problem; I could do the ones for the 5160 based on my own. For any others I'd be happy to give it a shot if given some sources.