Image Map Image Map

Thread: Psion 3 memory cards vs. SD

Default Psion 3 memory cards vs. SD

I have a nice new Psion 3a! Which is good.

I don't have any memory cards for it. Which is bad.

But I have lots of SD cards! Which is good.

Except the Psion uses a proprietary storage system based on a high speed serial link, and won't work with SD cards. Which is bad.

Did anyone ever produce an adapter which allowed SD or microsd cards to be used in these old Psion's? They'd need to be relatively smart, so as to convert from one protocol to the other, but there's nothing particularly hard on that. Being able to use modern median these devices... Well, would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by hjalfi View Post
    I have a nice new Psion 3a! Which is good.

I don't have any memory cards for it. Which is bad.

But I have lots of SD cards! Which is good.

Except the Psion uses a proprietary storage system based on a high speed serial link, and won't work with SD cards. Which is bad.

Did anyone ever produce an adapter which allowed SD or microsd cards to be used in these old Psion's? They'd need to be relatively smart, so as to convert from one protocol to the other, but there's nothing particularly hard on that. Being able to use modern median these devices... Well, would be good.
    The ssd mémorable cards for psion can easily be found on eBay, and they are quite cheap.

I was rather hoping for something which took conventional SD cards because that would make it drastically easier to get stuff on an off the device.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hjalfi View Post
    I was rather hoping for something which took conventional SD cards because that would make it drastically easier to get stuff on an off the device.
    You can easily transfer stuff using PSIWIN. You will need a serial lead and a PC running something like XT (or put it in a VM)...
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals