Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A pretty good rant!

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    There's always True BASIC if you want to use something from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Honestly, I don't know why Microsoft decided to call it "Visual BASIC".
    most of my 'programming' these days is related to simple scripting (which is basic, or a basic variant)... either pc based or in office applications. (especially since it lets you do in 2 hours what others take 12 hours to do.. so you have enough time to hang out at the coffee shop).
    Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Blog Entries

A script kiddie? You?

A script kiddie? You?
    Haha, if that entails a lot of concatenate code and other excel manipulations.. sure.
    Retro PC's: Apple IIe/II+, Atari 800, Atari 520STFM, Commodore 64, Commodore Amiga 3000, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

There's always True BASIC if you want to use something from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

Honestly, I don't know why Microsoft decided to call it "Visual BASIC".
    The drag and drop visual gui components? I don't know why they named it Visual C++. At least in the 6.0 days. It didn't offer anything close to the facilities in VB.

Blog Entries

Microsoft was on a "Visual" toot. Visual BASIC, Visual C++, Visual Foxpro, Visual J++, Visual Studio...somewhat akin to Apple "i" stuff.