Image Map Image Map
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a facility for quoting parts of a post in a reply?

I suppose then you have to copy and paste what you want to appear, as you want it to appear. This isn't a forum devoted to deep philosophical concepts yer know . It usually doesn't get that complex. I prefer to not echo previous comments most of the time.

Blog Entries

It isn't because VBulletin doesn't allow nested quotes; it just does it wrong. For example, compare with my last example:

I quote outer:
    Quote Originally Posted by outer
    Outer quotes Inner
    Quote Originally Posted by inner
    Inner says stuff

It just requires manual input to get nested quotes. There is no (automated) feature for this. So if you want it that way you have to do it yourself, manually.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    The title pretty much says it all. Right now, the only way that I can think of quoting part of a post in a reply is to quote the whole thing and then manually edit out what I don't want.

Is there a simpler way to go about this? I know of other BBCode-based software that allows for highlighting part of a post and hitting the "Quote" button, but I don't see anything like that here.
    there is a quote button on my reply. it looks like a speech bubble. Last bit in the image

test of quote button
    Capture.JPG
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Blog Entries

...and all it does is generate [ QUOTE] [/ QUOTE] BBCode tags.

I want to select something in a message, hit a "quote" button and have it pasted as a quote, with attribution, into a reply.

I know of other BBCode-systems that do this, for instance, Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    ...and all it does is generate [ QUOTE] [/ QUOTE] BBCode tags.

I want to select something in a message, hit a "quote" button and have it pasted as a quote, with attribution, into a reply.

I know of other BBCode-systems that do this, for instance, Vanilla.
    But we're not using that one!

We're using vBulletin.

But I'm sure you know that.

Maybe if you write a MOD to do what you want you can get Admin to implement it.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

+ Reply to Thread