Image Map Image Map

Thread: Hello from Connecticut

1. Default Hello from Connecticut

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I've been lurking for quite a while, mainly in the Tandy/Radio Shack forum. I grew up on now-vintage computers in the 80s, particularly the Color Computer 3 and TRS-80 Model 4. I still have those machines from my childhood, and in addition to them I like to collect and restore other vintage Tandy computers. My current lineup:

512K CoCo 3 w/ FD-502, MultiPak Interface, CM-8 monitor, SuperIDE, HxC floppy emulator for drive 0.
    64K Model 4 w/ FreHD
    512K TRS-80 Model 16 (my most recent restoration project), with HxC floppy emulator
    640K Tandy 1000 SX w/ one 5.25" drive and one 3.5" drive, CM-11 monitor
    32K TRS-80 Model 100

In addition to retro computing, I like to build Arduino and Raspberry Pi-based projects for my own enjoyment. Some examples of these projects:

"Hadoop Gauges", a real-life compute resource consumption dashboard for large-scale Hadoop data analytics clusters using gauges from a Subaru Legacy.
    "Subaru EyeSight for Children", a collision avoidance system for PowerWheels-like vehicles, complete with real EyeSight displays.
    "Cable Box Computer", a project to incorporate a Nintendo emulation platform into an old Scientific Atlanta 8580 case using the original display and buttons.

My blog contains information on those projects and others...it's written for family and friends, and therefore doesn't get overly technical. It's linked in my profile, for anyone who is interested. So, that's me in a nutshell...I'm glad to be here and hope to be able to contribute something meaningful.

-Chris

Blog Entries

Very, very nice. You do good work! I also have a number of Radio Shack/Tandy computers.
    Rick Ethridge