Image Map Image Map
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
Results 211 to 220 of 220

Thread: What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

  1. #211

    Default

    My rarest bits are all TI related.

    1. TI Dimension 4 prototype (three known to survive, and one of those is just a board set without the case). These later morphed into the TI-99/4.
    2. Marinchip S-9900 computer (a TMS9900-based S-100 computer)
    3. TI-99/4 p-Code sidecar (only four known to survive)
    4. TI-99/2 computer.
    5. Both major variants of the TI-99/8.
    6. Cassette interface for Tomy Pyuuta Jr.
    7. TI CC-40 Video Interface (HexBus peripheral)
    8. Centronics Printer Interface for Tomy Pyuuta Mk II.

    After that, there are a lot of really HTF items for all of the systems I collect. . .in addition to the common stuff.
    Enter My Mind At Your Own Risk!

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksarul View Post
    3. TI-99/4 p-Code sidecar (only four known to survive)
    Better make that at least five, unless you and I have communicated about this before . Sitting here looking one I picked up on eBay about 10 years ago. It wasn't all that expensive at the time (< $100) and I had no idea they were rare.

  3. #213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shirsch View Post
    Better make that at least five, unless you and I have communicated about this before . Sitting here looking one I picked up on eBay about 10 years ago. It wasn't all that expensive at the time (< $100) and I had no idea they were rare.
    Note that I'm speaking of the sidecar version--not the card for the PEB. And if you do have that sidecar type (joy, joy), I am glad another survives. Most of these ended up in schools and were scrapped when the TI computers were end-of-lifed, so their survival rate is significantly lower than that of the Video Controllers (sidecar or PEB versions) which ended up in schools and businesses.
    Enter My Mind At Your Own Risk!

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ksarul View Post
    Note that I'm speaking of the sidecar version--not the card for the PEB. And if you do have that sidecar type (joy, joy), I am glad another survives. Most of these ended up in schools and were scrapped when the TI computers were end-of-lifed, so their survival rate is significantly lower than that of the Video Controllers (sidecar or PEB versions) which ended up in schools and businesses.
    Ack - sorry. My bad. The unit I have is the expansion box cartridge! Didn't realize there was an actual side-car. I do have a speech side-car, but I suspect those are more common.

  5. #215

    Default

    Ive got everything you are mentioning. Over 1000 new CPUs/ICs. Vintage and military spec. Even a few prototypes. I inherited everything and I want to find homes.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    I’ve got everything you are mentioning. Over 1000 new CPUs/ICs. Vintage and military spec. Even a few prototypes. I inherited everything and I want to find homes.
    Who is 'you' in the "..you are mentioning"?

  7. #217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    I’ve got everything you are mentioning. Over 1000 new CPUs/ICs. Vintage and military spec. Even a few prototypes. I inherited everything and I want to find homes.
    Are you speaking of chips, systems, or both?
    Enter My Mind At Your Own Risk!

  8. #218

    Default

    He made 4 posts so far and they all start with "I've got". Not sure what to think about this.

  9. #219

    Default

    "I've got" a spam problem.
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Various projects and oddities: http://oldvcr.blogspot.com/
    Machine room: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html

  10. #220

    Default

    Just found this forum so your community is a bit new for me.

    Not sure how rare youd consider, but I have prototypes of Mac IIcx, IIsi, and LC. I have a lot of boxed software, some new sealed, which includes Apple System 5.0, AppleShare Server 1.0, 2.0. I also have the Apple Rhapsody developer release (original) for both x86 and PPC. I have install media for Apple A/UX 2.0 and 2.0.1. Desperately looking for other versions and documentation / full set.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •