Image Map Image Map
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: What are the top 10 rarest vintage computer bits you own?

My rarest bits are all TI related.

1. TI Dimension 4 prototype (three known to survive, and one of those is just a board set without the case). These later morphed into the TI-99/4.
    2. Marinchip S-9900 computer (a TMS9900-based S-100 computer)
    3. TI-99/4 p-Code sidecar (only four known to survive)
    4. TI-99/2 computer.
    5. Both major variants of the TI-99/8.
    6. Cassette interface for Tomy Pyuuta Jr.
    7. TI CC-40 Video Interface (HexBus peripheral)
    8. Centronics Printer Interface for Tomy Pyuuta Mk II.

After that, there are a lot of really HTF items for all of the systems I collect. . .in addition to the common stuff.
    Enter My Mind At Your Own Risk!

Quote Originally Posted by Ksarul View Post
    3. TI-99/4 p-Code sidecar (only four known to survive)
    Better make that at least five, unless you and I have communicated about this before . Sitting here looking one I picked up on eBay about 10 years ago. It wasn't all that expensive at the time (< $100) and I had no idea they were rare.

Quote Originally Posted by shirsch View Post
    Better make that at least five, unless you and I have communicated about this before . Sitting here looking one I picked up on eBay about 10 years ago. It wasn't all that expensive at the time (< $100) and I had no idea they were rare.
    Note that I'm speaking of the sidecar version--not the card for the PEB. And if you do have that sidecar type (joy, joy), I am glad another survives. Most of these ended up in schools and were scrapped when the TI computers were end-of-lifed, so their survival rate is significantly lower than that of the Video Controllers (sidecar or PEB versions) which ended up in schools and businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ksarul View Post
    Note that I'm speaking of the sidecar version--not the card for the PEB. And if you do have that sidecar type (joy, joy), I am glad another survives. Most of these ended up in schools and were scrapped when the TI computers were end-of-lifed, so their survival rate is significantly lower than that of the Video Controllers (sidecar or PEB versions) which ended up in schools and businesses.
    Ack - sorry. My bad. The unit I have is the expansion box cartridge! Didn't realize there was an actual side-car. I do have a speech side-car, but I suspect those are more common.

Iíve got everything you are mentioning. Over 1000 new CPUs/ICs. Vintage and military spec. Even a few prototypes. I inherited everything and I want to find homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    I’ve got everything you are mentioning. Over 1000 new CPUs/ICs. Vintage and military spec. Even a few prototypes. I inherited everything and I want to find homes.
    Who is 'you' in the "..you are mentioning"?

Quote Originally Posted by Comp View Post
    I’ve got everything you are mentioning. Over 1000 new CPUs/ICs. Vintage and military spec. Even a few prototypes. I inherited everything and I want to find homes.
    Are you speaking of chips, systems, or both?

He made 4 posts so far and they all start with "I've got". Not sure what to think about this.

"I've got" a spam problem.
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Various projects and oddities: http://oldvcr.blogspot.com/
    Machine room: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html