Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate

Default Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate

"Many years ago, a beautiful country lost all the money suddenly. It could be the poisonous spider's doing."

Holy Sssnake, it's finally here! The website that nobody demanded!

Supervision: handheld of the less fortunate
    www.diskman.com/presents/supervision

If you're familiar with the Supervision, you're probably laughing right now.
    If you're not familiar with the Supervision... oh boy, are you in for disappointment.

This website is the result of 15 years [!] of research and collecting, and today (Oct. 4th, 201 is its world debut.

I'm sorry.

There's also lots of other nifty, geeky, classic gaming stuffs on the main site, which you may enjoy a lot more than this Supervision nonsense...

www.diskman.com
    Cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Yo!

Today there's been some cool [?] updates to the site:

* Confirmation of "Cross High" existing as a standalone cartridge
    * Scans of Chinese-language instructions for six games + the Supervision itself
    * Scans of a damn near perfect TV-Link box, + instructions in six languages
    * Scans of Watary Italia advertisements, featuring the "Supervision ninja" <-- just ridiculous

www.diskman.com/presents/supervision

Merry Christmas!

Today I've added blister pack insert scans for 2-in-1 Hash Block / Eagle Plan, Alien, and Dream World. The game instructions archive has also been added to: Especially take note of the Italian version of the Honey Bee instructions, which feature hand-written corrections that were simply xeroxed into the finished product! Amazing!! Finally, the ridiculous “Supervision ninja” makes his second appearance, courtesy Watary Italia's fabulous stickers.

^ - You just can't make this stuff up.

The interesting thing is that for the time, the hardware wasn't _that_ dire. It seems like its greatest failing is its software.
    I use my C128 because I am an ornery, stubborn, retro grouch. -- Bob Masse
    Machine room updated for 2019!: http://www.floodgap.com/etc/machines.html

You can't talk about the Supervision without posting Stuart Ashen's review of it:

Quote Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
    You can't talk about the Supervision without posting Stuart Ashen's review of it:
    *shrugs* Like so many of these guys, he couldn't be bothered to do 5 minutes worth of research before making the vid. Thus the facts are few and the speculation rampant.

I had one of these probably around the early 2000s. I remember the screen ghosted so badly you'd swear it was haunted. The contrast was abysmal as well. It made the Gameboy's screen look like a Sony PVM.

I probably had 3-4 games. The Atari 2600 offered more thrilling gameplay. The sad part is that it was still better than the Tiger Game.com, haha.
    I have a Major in Post-Apocalyptic Economics.
    Wanted: Any PC-Compatible Reciprocation Dingle Arm

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdderSF View Post

This website is the result of 15 years [!] of research and collecting, and today (Oct. 4th, 201 is its world debut.

www.diskman.com

I was just browsing your website. Great job. I never knew about most of these games for the system. The ending screens are hilarious!!!!! A few of these games appear to be quality titles, just judging from the screen shots. Sachen seems to be a stand out developer for the system.

I downloaded some of the game sound files you have.
    LOL, the song 2-in-1 Cross High & Block Buster - 03 - Block Buster Ingame is a direct rip off of Super Mario Land's theme.

Quote Originally Posted by offensive_Jerk View Post
    I was just browsing your website. Great job.
    Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Yes, the ending sequences are quite ridiculous indeed and nowhere near worth the effort of playing through the games. (I did it so no one else has to.)