Image Map Image Map

Thread: My Trackstar E + 128 + Quadlink Apple II clone site is up!

Default My Trackstar E + 128 + Quadlink Apple II clone site is up!

Hey guys,

Just a heads-up to let you know my Trackstar website is up, covering the E, 128 and also Quadram's Quadlink <-- These are all "Apple II on a PC ISA card" Apple II clones. Really cool little devices!
    If you own these devices, esp. the Trackstar E or Plus, there's HUNDREDS of disk images in its TrackStore format that I've converted manually.
    So you can download and enjoy a HUGE amount of software without needing real Apple II disks.

There's also a working KryoFlux disk image of the Trackstar 128 Utility Program disk, so you can create a disk with the copy protection intact which allows you to actually use your 128. This is perfect for those who -- like me -- bought their 128 without the necessary disk. D'oh!

There ain't a lot of info or resources about the Trackstar cards out there, so I hope mine fills the void.

Enjoy it @
    www.diskman.com/presents/trackstar
    WANTED: Covox Sound Master, IBM 3D Sound PCMCIA
    Please contact me if you have either of these for sale! Thanks.

Cruise by Diskman Presents: filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Blog Entries

Very helpful, thanks!!
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by DeathAdderSF View Post
    =There ain't a lot of info or resources about the Trackstar cards out there, so I hope mine fills the void.
    Thanks for doing this. Can I suggest a page with pictures and some technical details on each card you have? I can help with a Trackstar Plus, if you don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by snuci View Post
    Thanks for doing this. Can I suggest a page with pictures and some technical details on each card you have? I can help with a Trackstar Plus, if you don't have one.
    You're welcome. Thanks for visiting!
    I may add a photo section at some point; so far my #1 focus has been on providing info + disk images. I'll PM you in a moment regarding help.

Most recent update to the website includes a download of the Trackstar E software copied directly from my own, authentic copy of the Utility Program disk. This is important as other websites seem to be hosting a so-called "experimental" version of the software, the original source of which is not entirely certain. Best to use the real deal, in my opinion. Now we all can!

Download it directly from here.

Currently the website is hosting a whopping 400+ disk images in the Trackstar's custom format, the vast majority of which are games. That should be more than enough to keep y'all busy for a while. I'm planning to create even more, just need to find the time. Stay tuned...

I also recently acquired a Trackstar 128 that was at one point upgraded into an E. Had never seen one of these before, though at least one source on the net had mentioned this was a service available directly from the manufacturer. No time to fiddle with it yet, but hopefully one day soon. For now, I can at least confirm that they do indeed exist.

If anyone here has a Trackstar 64 or Trackstar Plus for sale, please let me know. I'd like very much to continue my research into this cool line of unique hardware cards.
    Last edited by DeathAdderSF; December 29th, 2018 at 02:50 AM.

I should dig out my Trackstar + and try again to bring it to a working state. I had planned to put it into an Amiga 2000 and have an Intuition, Macintosh, IBM-PC and Apple II system all-in-one, but could never find the Trackstar disks. I have a Kyroflux setup now to test some of your images, and hopefully one of the 128 or E disks will do something.