Image Map Image Map

Thread: Z80TAT Z80 emulator debugger ?

Default Z80TAT Z80 emulator debugger ?

Folks,

so I have got this device and am looking for some help finding additional components.

It is called the Z80TAT from Sophia Systems.

I consists of a dedicated portable computer that attaches to the Z80 device under test and then has a cable to connect to an MSDOS computer.
    The MSDOS computer should have a dedicated ISA interface card - the ISA interface is the component that is missing from my setup.

I can use the small machine independently but the full power would be unlocked when connected to a PC.

Anyone know this system or ideally have the ISA card for it ?

The pictures show the unit and the PC interface cable.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20181005_122917119.jpg
    IMG_20181005_122934122.jpg
    Last edited by zippysticks; October 5th, 2018 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zippysticks View Post
    Folks,

so I have out this device and am looking for some help finding additional components.

It is called the Z80TAT from Sophia Systems.

I consists of a dedicated portable computer that attaches to the Z80 device under test and then has a cable to connect to an MSDOS computer.
    The MSDOS computer should have a dedicated ISA interface card - the ISA interface is the component that is missing from my setup.

I can use the small machine independently but the full power would be unlocked when connected to a PC.

Anyone know this system or ideally have the ISA card for it ?

The pictures show the unit and the PC interface cable.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20181005_122917119.jpg
    IMG_20181005_122934122.jpg
    I've been collecting in-circuit emulators for a long time, and it is unlikely you will ever find the matching part, or the PC software that goes with it
    which is why I try to upload anything I find related to these devices to bitsavers. Without even a picture of the card, you have little chance of finding one.

The same seems to be true for anything, especially test equipment, that had special-purpose ISA cards and software.
    Sometimes, a weird card will show up on eBay, and I think 'great, what was that for and where's the software/drivers for it'

Agree - I actually have the software for the card.

There is always a chance the card will turn up. As I said, I can use this emulator with the screen build into the unit - I can also upload and download filed from my machine via its serial port.