Image Map Image Map

Thread: Panasonic PBX Programmign Software

Blog Entries

Default Panasonic PBX Programming Software

My goal over the long weekend was to finish installing and wiring in all the components to a Panasonic KX-TD816 and KX-TVP200 phone system and then re-terminating all the lines in the house plus the PBX to a 66 block. I was able to get it done earlier than expected and it's only Saturday afternoon. The goal here is that each line or party line in the house is individually addressable so you can do machine-to-machine modem calls up to 1200bps. The documentation lists the Panasonic KX-D4920 as system compatible.

Now my problem is that both the PBX and the voice processor need to be reconfigured.
    I have read up the two ways to do this is manually using a phone plugged into extension 1 (this takes FOREVER) and the other is using the serial port. I would like to do the latter however I am not sure what utility or utilities I should be using. The TVP manual describes a utility but doesn't say what it is, google repeatedly mentions Programator but that requires a registration key and I am not finding anything from Panasonic for utilities and it's been mentioned that at one point DOS-level software was available. There has to be a simpler software solution I am missing here.
    Last edited by NeXT; October 6th, 2018 at 01:36 PM.
    = Excellent space heater

Blog Entries

That looks an awful lot like an HP rack that the thing's stuck to the side of.

Blog Entries

HP hardware yes but no, that is a wooden rack.
    = Excellent space heater

Blog Entries

I thought I recognized it. I use an old HP Storage Array rack for other rackmount stuff and recognized the doors/covers.

Blog Entries

I hedged my bets and tried Programator anyways. Grabbed a laptop with a serial port and a null modem cable and it worked first try.
    Alright, unless you like reinstalling your software every time I want to use it that sounds like the most bulletproof thing I've found for that. Still have not been able to configure the TVP though.
    = Excellent space heater