Image Map Image Map

Thread: StyleWriter Test Page

Blog Entries

Default StyleWriter Test Page

I picked up a StyleWriter I and immediately ran into a problem where the old ink cartridge had leaked and drizzled down inside the printer until it reached and rusted up the main guide motor. The printer had to be completely dismantled, cleaned and the motor oiled. Also there was cap leakage on the logic board. No smd stuff. Through-hole Nichicon's
    After that was cleaned up there was an alignment pin that had to be replaced and the paper sense switch had to be cleaned and now I can get it to cleanly feed paper through it from all of the inputs.

The old cartridge seems to puke out a blob of ink if you tell it to clean the head but printing from a mac gives blank pages.
    I believe I have a good compatible BC-01/02 cartridge here to replace the old Apple cartridge but I want to see if there are any issues printing a test page but I am not sure what button sequence you need to print it.
    = Excellent space heater

To print a test page: starting with the printer powered off, hold Form Feed, press Power, then release the Form Feed and Power buttons at the same time.

You can purge the print head by doing the same thing, but hold the Ready button instead of Form feed.

Holding both Ready + Form feed and powering on should print a more detailed “Technician”test page.

Blog Entries

Awesome. Thanks.

So I tried a test page with the old cartridge and no dice. Blank page. No ink. Curiously it will diffuse out a blob of ink on the head if you try a head clean so the ribbon is plugged in. I'll have to track down that replacement cartridge.

Last edited by NeXT; October 8th, 2018 at 11:16 AM.
    = Excellent space heater

With the paper feed separated, it looked like you had 2 image writers printing/feeding each other like some grotesque vintage computer horror film: the ImageWriter Centipede. *barf*