Image Map Image Map

Thread: IBM 5150, Part II: Landmark ROM Spaceknight

Default IBM 5150, Part II: Landmark ROM Spaceknight

So, I've got my landmark ROMs in. We've got a 16k area failure, but not one simple enough that a swap of the first 4164 in Bank 0 fixed anything. Address 05139, bit 6 is the first to fail on that test. RAM tests fail, with what seems to be a pattern - many addresses having bits 0, 2, 6 and 7 specifically failing. Slow refresh also fails, but the 8237 passed it's own test. Anyone have any thoughts as to what my next steps should be?

UPDATE: Thread obsolete, seem to have sorted it out myself. Thanks, though!
    Last edited by MrArgent; October 9th, 2018 at 07:43 PM.

Blog Entries

Wait, what was the solution?
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

a 16k failure after all, Bank 0 bit 6. I thought i'd ruled that out since stacking changed nothing, but it turned out I was making some hasty assumptions (not to mention misunderstood how the low RAM works). The machine's up and running perfectly now, at any rate! Ended up giving myself a lot more work than I needed to, but extra soldering practice and a crash course in logic probe operation never hurts. Thanks for your help with stuff, btw.
    Last edited by MrArgent; October 11th, 2018 at 08:18 PM.