Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for help with a TRS-80 Model 1

Thanks for the catch, Alan. I didn't catch that OP's first photo wasn't his, and didn't notice his is the two-ROM version. The 6-wire ROM board I have is a 3-Rom version. No point in me reciting the wiring on mine.

Ok I found one with the correct 6 pads in a row and 2 chips ROM set. At least the pads are numbered:

1- Black
    2- Green
    3- Orange
    4- Yellow
    5- Red
    6- White
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

I appreciate all the help. I'm not sure what I have here regarding the small ROM board. Comparing to pg 109 of the technical reference handbook, my board indicates Z3 where the manual indicates Z4. Additionally, the traces don't appear to be lining up with the manual or either of the wire/pad positions suggested in this thread. That said, I'm new to tracing connections on circuit boards and may be looking at it all wrong. Best I can tell, pad #6 is black (GND). Pad #1 appears to go to pin #8 on Z3.

pcb1.jpg

pcb2.jpg

Your satellite board is the same as my one so for the moment, ignore the tech ref handbook and just look above the ceramic disc capacitor, on the left it says 1 and after the 6 pads it says 6. Solder the wires like I said in post #12 above and you will be set.
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

Ok, I'll give it a try - thanks!