Image Map Image Map

Thread: Saving a Tandy 1000SX and Tandy 1000EX

Default Saving a Tandy 1000SX and Tandy 1000EX

I have both a Tandy 1000SX and Tandy 1000EX. I have several 3.5 drives and 5.25 in my pile of disk drives, but I am unsure which drives are functioning. I'd like to be able to boot both machines. Anyone willing to send me 3.5 and 5.25 DOS disks that are working? I can pay for the shipping and media. I bought a few such disks off of eBay and sure enough, none worked. PM me if you can assist.

Also, if you have the XT IDE card in your Tandy, I am especially interested to chat... as I can't get mine to function.

Carlos

Where are you located?

Your Profile conveniently holds that info so you don't have to mention it every time you post a message.

What DOS version(s) are you looking for?

MS-DOS or Tandy specific disks?
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

I'm in Massachusetts.

It doesn't need to be Tandy specific. Anything that will let me get to a DOS prompt. lol.

Version?

Disk type?

I have absolutely no idea what floppy drives you are planning to use the DOS disks in and as you probably already know... it does make a difference.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

I have a bunch of 3.5s and 5.25 drives... but I am not sure if any work... and don't know if they are 720K/1.44MB and 360K/1.2MB

They all have model #s on them.

You could play it safe and get all four types of disk or you could get just the DD in both 3" and 5" since they will also work in the HD drives.

Could you post pics of the machines?

Also for 3.5 disks you can just DD a 720kb image of a disk to a usb floppy and it should work as long as you pre-format the disk as low density, cover the left hole of the disk and format. you'd probably get a much higher success rate using 3.5's in the SX if you can manage to install a typical high density 3.5 in it*. it should work and besides if you have the disks you can probably run scandisk on those disks on a usb floppy drive on your modern comp.

*Applies to the SX tandy only. SX model does not feature power in drive ribbon cables. you can use any floppy cable on the SX. I'm not sure about the EX model google it or look up the tech ref manuals for the tandy computers .
    Last edited by Ratix; October 15th, 2018 at 07:04 AM.