Image Map Image Map

Thread: Manual for NewDOS/80 1.0 for TRS-80 Model I?

Default Manual for NewDOS/80 1.0 for TRS-80 Model I?

I've looked in all the places I could think of, but can't find the manual for NewDOS/80 1.0. Plenty of hits for 2.0 and 2.5. Anyone know if there is a scanned version out there?

If memory serves the early version is called Newdos+ and its an enhancements package (or re-write) of the more buggy parts of TRSDOS 2.1

Newdos/80 V2.0 was the first release of a new OS designed from the ground up.
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

Not quite. Yes, NewDOS+ was released in 1979 and was a heavily patched TRSDOS 2.1. Apparat referred to this as NewDOS/21 in the Model I NewDOS/80 2.0 manual on page I-1. The documentation is still an amusing read. NewDOS/80 1.0 came out in June 1980 before the release of the Model III. I have disk images for the Model I in my collection. I have not been able to track down a manual. NewDOS/80 2.0 came out for both the Model I and III in 1982.
    Last edited by lafos; October 16th, 2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: correction

Still hunting for the V1.0 manual. I did find a 3rd-party quick reference card, which helps decipher differences between V1.0 and 2.0

https://ia600700.us.archive.org/13/i...orporation.pdf