Image Map Image Map

Thread: Converting Heathkit .H8T to WAV?

Blog Entries

Default Converting Heathkit .H8T to WAV?

I've been trying to find more software for my H8 online that will work in the absence of a disk drive. From what I gather that limits me to tape files. I've found a few, including one in WAV format (that's extended basic). But the few others that I've found are all .H8T files, intended for use with the H8 emulator.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way I could somehow convert or feed these to my real H8? From there I could have the H8 write them back out to tapes or .wav files.

have you asked over at the SEBHC google group??

Blog Entries

And for that matter... why *isn't* there a large repository of heathkit software up online someplace like there is for other vintage systems?

Really wish vintagecomputermuseum could be reasoned with on these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heathkit-H8...rk:21:razz:f:0

I would totally digitize them and make them available for others, where copyright wasn't an issue.

Blog Entries

Also, I learned today that my issues with garbled characters seems to be with the H8.. not the terminal. I connected it up to my laptop running Hyperterm and it's the same deal. I recall someone telling me once that the H8-5 card doesn't do so well with 9600 baud?

there is a lot of software for the heathkits at: http://www.lesbird.com/sebhc/software.html

you just need to convert it to the format you want.

Alex