Image Map Image Map

Thread: Anyone own a Mattel/Radofin Aquarius?

Default Anyone own a Mattel/Radofin Aquarius?

Would love for you to engage with other Aquarius users over on Facebook. We have a group with nearly 200 members...

Aquarius Facebook Group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/aquariuscomputer/

Cheers

Carlos

I have two as part of my collection, see http://binarydinosaurs.co.uk/museum/...rius/index.php, but I don't use them other than to make people go 'WTF is that?' at exhibitions. Do any of your members have an Aquarius II?
    www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - UK home computer history
    Where RIFA capacitors come to die
    facebook.com/binarydinosaurs

An Aquarius II?, there must be only half a dozen out there!. I've never seen one being auctioneed; but I remember someone claiming in AtariAge that he has one so they exist

I always likened them to the Oric Atmos in that they looked completely different to the machine that preceded them but were in fact pretty much the same under the hood. I'd hated to have been the poor sod who bought an Oric Atmos after owning an Oric 1 only to find it was the same machine but with a slightly altered ROM (v1.2 as opposed to v1.1) and a new keyboard.

Blog Entries

I've got one -- haven't really found much use for it though. Got a really nice, complete set with expansion, games, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    I've got one -- haven't really found much use for it though. Got a really nice, complete set with expansion, games, etc.
    How did you get it? Could you take a bunch of photos? I assume you won't sell it for less than a price of a kidney?
    I'm interested to see if I can build a custom keyboard like the model 2 for the original machine.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    You're my hero, seriously. I guess vdsteenoven has at least one of them but they're pretty unique

Not only they have a professional keyboard, they can have a detachable power cord!

Not only they have a professional keyboard, they can have a detachable power cord!

Just the detachable power cord on its own would've been made of win but with the 'proper' keyboard too... pity it was too little too late. I've also seen videos of the floppy disk unit.

I have one too in the HomeComputerMuseum in the Netherlands. Boxed. Also the printer (boxed) and an aquarius cassetterecorder.
    I have a few computers and only have 612m2 for computers.