Image Map Image Map

Thread: I need a bit of help: information on Mylex MWS386-25 system board

Default I need a bit of help: information on Mylex MWS386-25 system board

As the title of this thread suggests, I cannot find information on this system board anywhere! I probably spent upwards of an hour scouring the internet for any information at all pertaining to this board, and came up with nothing! Even stason.org did not have any info on it. Any help would be appreciated!

Side note: this board also contains a slot that resembles a very long ISA slot. I haven't a clue what it might be. Maybe a memory expansion slot? IMG_20181019_230106.jpg

did you see other nearly similar models like this https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherb...6DX-MB386.html

Believe me, I did haha. The board I possess is quite a bit different than that one. For one, my board uses two banks of 30 pin Simms, not a bank of socketed DIP dram IC's. Also, instead of a DIP coprocessor socket, it has a 68-pin PGA socket for a 80387 coprocessor or variant of that. I'll get a pic of the board when I get home from work

Blog Entries

The extra long slot is probably for a memory upgrade card. Unfortunately, there was no standardization on these cards so it will be impossible to get one unless you find a matching system.

Each Simm matches with a bank of socketed ICs so checking the rest of the board means you might find a related model with the same jumper settings.

Blog Entries

The extra long slot is probably for a memory upgrade card. Unfortunately, there was no standardization on these cards so it will be impossible to get one unless you find a matching system.

Each Simm matches with a bank of socketed ICs so checking the rest of the board means you might find a related model with the same jumper settings.

Blog Entries

You know, I just happen to have the manuals for the Mylex MI386 motherboard, if that's any help.

Hmmm... I wonder how similar the MI386 is to the MSW386. Do you have the manuals available as PDF's or anything?

Blog Entries

No, I'd have to scan the one in question that you'd be interested in. But if you have any specific questions, I can see if my manuals answer them.

For example, the long slot on mine is identified as a "32 bit memory expansion slot". I doubt that the board described in the manual is much different from yours--from your single photo, it looks to be the same. I'm willing to scan the page with the board layout identified and answer questions. The MI386 was made for 16 and 20MHz CPUs. It was my first 386 motherboard.

Blog Entries

Does this page pretty much describe your board?

PDF here

Yeah, the layout looks to be about identical! Mine just uses a 386DX-25. Thanks for the help!