Image Map Image Map

Thread: Tektronix 4107 service info/schematic

Default Tektronix 4107 service info/schematic

Hi all,
    I'm trying to re-post my request in a different forum, just in case... It's been quite some time now that no info can be found anywhere in the net
    I own a Tektronix 4107 terminal, but it's currently not working. I haven't been able to find any service manual or even a simple schematic. I once decided to try to troubleshoot it by "reverse engineering", but I couldn't even figure out how to remove the various PCB from the frame (typical for Tek products, really).
    I think the Unix forum could be the more likely one where someone having even seen one of these terminal would be reading.
    Any info about it is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Frank IZ8DWF

Quote Originally Posted by iz8dwf View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm trying to re-post my request in a different forum, just in case... It's been quite some time now that no info can be found anywhere in the net
    I own a Tektronix 4107 terminal, but it's currently not working. I haven't been able to find any service manual or even a simple schematic. I once decided to try to troubleshoot it by "reverse engineering", but I couldn't even figure out how to remove the various PCB from the frame (typical for Tek products, really).
    I think the Unix forum could be the more likely one where someone having even seen one of these terminal would be reading.
    Any info about it is appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Frank IZ8DWF
    you could try contacting vintagetek.org to see if they have the maintenance manual on microfiche, and if they
    would be willing to scan it for you

Thank you for the suggestion.
    I've visited their site, but seems they never scanned the 4107 service manual so far. If they have a microfiche of it, their nominal fee is $25 per hour, it means it would be impractically costly for just one repair.
    However, I've sent them an email asking for it and how much would it cost....