Image Map Image Map

Thread: Model II for sale

Default Model II for sale

Not mine, just posting the link for all interested:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-desktop-comp...ationFlag=true

A nice early Model II in working condition. Lovely. Even comes with the floppy disk terminator which are pretty rare to find.

600 dollars? Ouch. And the keyboard is badly worn... And it is in Canada.

I'll take 1000 for mine. No keyboard wear. Internal CF-IDE. Auxiliary PSU for the screen. Drive terminator. Buyer collects.

Don't think I'd pay $600 for it. Seems like people in Ontario and BC want to make millions on their vintage computers. Here's one for $5k

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-desktop-comp...ationFlag=true

I'd like to get a Model II, but I'd prefer to get one locally and for $200 or less (unless it comes with the disk cabinet and/or the desk)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bungo Pony View Post
    Don't think I'd pay $600 for it. Seems like people in Ontario and BC want to make millions on their vintage computers. Here's one for $5k
    That's just Kelowna. Don't give them any attention or they'll try demanding tax exemptions again.

The Tandy seems pretty clean but I don't think I've ever really fully understood model II prices as they seem to be all over the place.
    = Excellent space heater

I agree the asking price is high, but it is shown working, including the floppy drive. That’s uncommon for unrestored M2s. The Model II market is quite subjective and location dependent. If he really wants to sell he’ll make a deal.

The posting is a little bogus though because it reads "has been upgraded to 64K" yet 26-4002 is the 64K model.