Image Map Image Map

Thread: Applecolor 100 on ebay... again

Blog Entries

Default Applecolor 100 on ebay... again

This just posted:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352497224102

It sold just recently:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352479591795

Not unusual.. sometimes bidders don't pay, a mistake in listing etc. But the winner in the last auction had over 3600 feedback... not a zero feedback newbie/shill bidder. The listing itself was pretty clear. Another interesting thing is the serial number on the back is not there or obscured. Hmmm.

I'm guessing they didn't pay... Same monitor. Serial numbers are not always there.

Blog Entries

Ah. It only raised an eyebrow because the buyer had such huge feedback... usually someone with feedback like that wouldn't risk an unpaid strike. I'm wondering if shipping maybe did them in.

I wish there were a serial.. I have been trying to establish just how rare they actually are. Have seen a lot of them lately. I've heard the RGB card is really rare too. Been tempted to buy one but don't want to leap in at peak market as I often do and end up with something that suddenly drops in value as more examples are found.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    This just posted:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352497224102

It sold just recently:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352479591795

Not unusual.. sometimes bidders don't pay, a mistake in listing etc. But the winner in the last auction had over 3600 feedback... not a zero feedback newbie/shill bidder. The listing itself was pretty clear. Another interesting thing is the serial number on the back is not there or obscured. Hmmm.
    The buyer had 3 bid retractions in 6 months, is that common I never retracted a bid in my life. Still has 100% feedback.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

I've done it twice. Once when a seller misrepresented an item and was very unapologetic about it when confronted. Once when the seller asked me to. I don't care how legitimate it is or what kind of shenanigans the seller (or the guy he pays for protection!) is up to. When the seller asks me to retract a bid, I retract it and head home never looking back.

A planet that's evolving And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

I done bid retractions few times too. More often then not when the seller changes the listings or they get a slew of negative feedbacks before the listing ends.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Another interesting thing is the serial number on the back is not there or obscured. Hmmm.
    The serial numbers are punched into the plastic so you can only see them with the right light at the right angle. It's not unusual. I have two of these monitors and they rarely come up for sale but there have been more than usual in the last year or so. By that i mean maybe 4 or so? They are rare and I use mine with the Apple III. Connects directly.

We have an AppleColor 100 at ComputerCorps in Carson City, NV that I need to test out, before we put it up for sale.