Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a Z80 SBC, or industrial part, etc?

it's a 931

http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ti/terminal/crt/931/pictures

I pulled it apart because I had been meaning to dump the firmware for this anyway..

Blog Entries

Mystery solved. Now seeing how they mounted it it makes sense. Thanks Al!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Mystery solved. Now seeing how they mounted it it makes sense. Thanks Al!!
    Hey Al.. would it be possible to get a photo of your board around the hole area on the ebay board on both sides? I threw in a bid on it for the heck of it.. I'd like to see if I can try to repair it.

Blog Entries

That's something that I wouldn't even attempt. It was likely junk when the hole was drilled--and then, how much do you know about how it connects to the CRT, the keyboard and power supply? Surely, your time is better spent looking for a complete TI terminal if that's what you want.

Assuming that there were parts on it that I wanted, I'd probably just flip it over on my "bit bucket" and apply the heat gun to the wiring side.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    That's something that I wouldn't even attempt. It was likely junk when the hole was drilled--and then, how much do you know about how it connects to the CRT, the keyboard and power supply? Surely, your time is better spent looking for a complete TI terminal if that's what you want.

Assuming that there were parts on it that I wanted, I'd probably just flip it over on my "bit bucket" and apply the heat gun to the wiring side.
    That's kind of my other thought, actually. There's probably a pretty good supply of parts there for other projects.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    That's kind of my other thought, actually. There's probably a pretty good supply of parts there for other projects.
    Well you could use it to make a really cool Clock Face. Find a really old Mechanical movement. maybe a Seth Thomas one say

FYI eBay item number:192029156161

and

if it was me I would using either a very neat soldering of the legs of the following chips to connect to existing chips or clear silicon or some dabs of superglue

so for the 12o colock position a Zilog Z80 to mount there vertically

for 3o clock say a Zilog CTC chip

for 6o clock say a Zilog PIO chip

for 9o clock say a Zilog CTC chip

and for the in between 8 hour position use various long 16pin 7400 family chips angled out.

I think you get the drift.
    Last edited by inotarobot; November 3rd, 2018 at 12:33 AM.