Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Is this a Z80 SBC, or industrial part, etc?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    it's a 931

    http://bitsavers.org/pdf/ti/terminal/crt/931/pictures

    I pulled it apart because I had been meaning to dump the firmware for this anyway..


  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,508
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Mystery solved. Now seeing how they mounted it it makes sense. Thanks Al!!

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,508
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Mystery solved. Now seeing how they mounted it it makes sense. Thanks Al!!
    Hey Al.. would it be possible to get a photo of your board around the hole area on the ebay board on both sides? I threw in a bid on it for the heck of it.. I'd like to see if I can try to repair it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    28,907
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default

    That's something that I wouldn't even attempt. It was likely junk when the hole was drilled--and then, how much do you know about how it connects to the CRT, the keyboard and power supply? Surely, your time is better spent looking for a complete TI terminal if that's what you want.

    Assuming that there were parts on it that I wanted, I'd probably just flip it over on my "bit bucket" and apply the heat gun to the wiring side.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    3,508
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    That's something that I wouldn't even attempt. It was likely junk when the hole was drilled--and then, how much do you know about how it connects to the CRT, the keyboard and power supply? Surely, your time is better spent looking for a complete TI terminal if that's what you want.

    Assuming that there were parts on it that I wanted, I'd probably just flip it over on my "bit bucket" and apply the heat gun to the wiring side.
    That's kind of my other thought, actually. There's probably a pretty good supply of parts there for other projects.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    866
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    That's kind of my other thought, actually. There's probably a pretty good supply of parts there for other projects.
    Well you could use it to make a really cool Clock Face. Find a really old Mechanical movement. maybe a Seth Thomas one say

    FYI eBay item number:192029156161

    and

    if it was me I would using either a very neat soldering of the legs of the following chips to connect to existing chips or clear silicon or some dabs of superglue

    so for the 12o colock position a Zilog Z80 to mount there vertically

    for 3o clock say a Zilog CTC chip

    for 6o clock say a Zilog PIO chip

    for 9o clock say a Zilog CTC chip

    and for the in between 8 hour position use various long 16pin 7400 family chips angled out.

    I think you get the drift.
    Last edited by inotarobot; November 3rd, 2018 at 12:33 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •