Image Map Image Map

Thread: 1084s

Default 1084s

I could never get this to sync to my Leading Edge model M, which more or less outputs CGA. Am I doing something wrong, or could the frequency differ from CGA a tad and therefore not sync? If it matters the cable I'm using is from my original NEC Multisync II, which always worked with every other CGA compatible connector.

Blog Entries

Commodore 1084's were mostly for Amigas which were analog video (CGA is digital). Some 1084's had a CGA style digital connection which worked on the Commodore 128 and should work on CGA in general.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

Either way the sync should work, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2icebitn View Post
    I could never get this to sync to my Leading Edge model M, which more or less outputs CGA. Am I doing something wrong, or could the frequency differ from CGA a tad and therefore not sync? If it matters the cable I'm using is from my original NEC Multisync II, which always worked with every other CGA compatible connector.
    Which 1084 was it? Commodore made quite a few with that model number:

https://gona.mactar.hu/Commodore/mon...el_number.html

That link doesn't work. Regardless does it matter?

And is there a practical repair for the power switch that won't hold?

Blog Entries

Replace the power switch with an AT Power supply switch (the push type not the flip one).

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Replace the power switch with an AT Power supply switch (the push type not the flip one).
    Do you mean IBM PC/AT? My AT has a flipper. Never saw one with a push switch.

Blog Entries

The push in type that most 386/486 used. I fixed a Commodore monitor with one already and need to fix another. It was a direct fit replacement from what I recall and the specs were the same for power draw (since 120vac goes through the switch). Pop the cover off and look.

That link doesn't work. Regardless does it matter?

And is there a practical repair for the power switch that won't hold?
    There are versions with different power buttons depending upon if your model was made by Thomson, Philips, or Magnavox (which oddly I think are all the same company today, but were not in the 80s).

In any case, new power buttons for the most common variants are available on Amibay.

The 1084 should have two separate inputs for analog and digital RGB...these should be round DIN style connectors. Is this what's from your NEC monitor? The pinout is unlikely to be the same.