Image Map Image Map

Thread: memistor adeline Beneficiary of living next to Stanford.

Default memistor adeline Beneficiary of living next to Stanford.

I'm constantly coming across discarded equipment. Today i spoke with dr. Bernard Widrow at the end of his driveway. I asked "what is this?" while pointing to a pile of garbage at the end of his driveway. He said "a one bit neuron". Asked if i could have it for the switches on second thought asked for a more laymen terms explanation. From what i gathered he was a pioneer in machine learning technology. My question to you guys is whats it worth? A memistor adeline neuron.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpster dyver View Post
    I'm constantly coming across discarded equipment. Today i spoke with dr. Bernard Widrow at the end of his driveway. I asked "what is this?" while pointing to a pile of garbage at the end of his driveway. He said "a one bit neuron". Asked if i could have it for the switches on second thought asked for a more laymen terms explanation. From what i gathered he was a pioneer in machine learning technology. My question to you guys is whats it worth? A memistor adeline neuron.
    Just an unqualified guess, but maybe nothing?
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpster dyver View Post
    It might belong in a museum ... see the Wiki entry for it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADALINE

Ask Dr. Widrow about how it works. Don't just look at it for pretty switches. Even if you are not a tech nerd it should be a fascinating story.