Image Map Image Map

Thread: DOS Error Loading Network Card

Blog Entries

Default DOS Error Loading Network Card

When my Network Card in my DOS 5.0 machine loads, it shows the name of the card on the screen but then gives the following error

Invalid Node ID or I/O Port Mismatch

I ran the diag disk for the card and everything comes up fine. Using IRQ 10 and I/O 300h

Protocol INI shows the same I/O Base of 0x300H

Not sure what to do about that error and dont know where to look as it wont load the driver (NE12.DOS) right afterward....
    "In Life, The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short..."

Cool

Have you tried a different I/O and/or IRQ? Are you sure you have the correct DOS network driver. I had similar issues with a NE2000 ISA PCB clone recently and fixed it after finally finding the right utility based on the NIC chip rather than the PCB OEM utility ironically.
    Last edited by PeterNC; October 31st, 2018 at 02:08 PM.

Blog Entries

I am using the driver that came with the diag utility. I know the diag utility is right as it sees the card and all tests run on it are successful.

The card uses the umc ne12 driver

I have changed IRQ and IO address on both the card and matched it in protocol.ini to no avail

Blog Entries

Change to yet another driver and this one loads and all Networking loads as well, TCP/IP loads and it looks good. But I cannot ping anything on the same network as the machine. Not even the Gateway. There are no errors when things load now, but I cannot communicate with other devices or the gateway..

Any ideas?

Blog Entries

OK, got it working.....The switch my retro pc switch was connected to had a malfunctioning port...

Last thing is mapping a share

DOS PC can ping the Server 2003 Box, but i cant map a share to it. When I do a net use E: \\SERVER\SHARE I get a cannot communicate with computer error....