Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointed with Lexmark

I remember the trouble someone had with a Lexmark Inkjet printer many years ago and when we finally got it to go, I didn't like the quality of the printout. The trouble with printers though, is there's always going to be a Lemon somewhere for any of them and if it's not the printer, then the Paper or Ink could be the problem.

Blog Entries

I forgot that there were inkjet printers...

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    I forgot that there were inkjet printers...
    I couldn't remember at first where or when we were playing around with that printer and then I remembered it being my last year of school which was in 1996 and my Graphics Teacher brought in this Inkjet printer, I think it was the first time I saw a Digital Camera, which was in this big box the size of a brick, think my teacher was looking to print out some Digital Photos on this Inkjet Printer.

I don't know if it's true or not, though I think someone told me that those Lexmark printers only survived because they were associated with IBM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by g4ugm View Post
    However a trip round Costco (in the UK) shows lots of small all-in-one inkjets for sale to small businesses... e.g.

https://www.costco.co.uk/Business-Of...inter/p/236080
    That's probably to add enough value to the units so that you don't bin them when they run out of ink.

Blog Entries

I still run into inkjets a lot in businesses. The main situation is when a business needs 11x17 printing... usually developers or designers or such. For some reason there isn't a low cost laser that does that size. I'm assuming it's because it's easier to extend the width of the printhead travel on the inkjet vs widening the fuse assembly etc on a laser. Not sure. But 11x17 has suddenly become very popular and inkjets are the only cheapish any to get it.

Blog Entries

Well,I'll attest to the value of a 11x17 duplexing laser printer. Create booklets, ready to fold and staple.

Blog Entries

I don't know why there aren't more out there. There seems to be quite a bit of demand, but you only find them usually as quasi or actual full on copier units. I'm guessing it has something to do with the different mechanism involved as I speculated. Maybe not a large enough market to put a low end 11x17 laser out there.

Blog Entries

Dunno--I suspect that paper handling is more complicated, too. But I love the capability.