Image Map Image Map

Thread: Epson SD-521 Jumper Settings

Default Epson SD-521 Jumper Settings

Looks like by venerable old Mitsumi 360k drive finally kicked the bucket, throwing loads of errors any time I try to read or write to it. My replacement drive is an Epson SD-521, one of those pushbutton drives. I know it works fine, but it came out of a Kaypro and it's going in a dos machine so I need to know what the jumpers should be set to to make it work.Can't find anything about it on google, does anyone have a manual or something?

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    Looks like by venerable old Mitsumi 360k drive finally kicked the bucket, throwing loads of errors any time I try to read or write to it.
    I hope you cleaned the heads before deciding it was junk.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Cleaned the heads, greased the rails, this drive was on its last legs when I got it. It did not lead an easy life

Aha! I finally got it! the jumpers towards the back of the machine are a drive select. I had to set it as drive 1 to be my B drive. I couldn't see the labels except 1 and 0, they're worn off but after some trial and error it works well!