Image Map Image Map

Thread: Olivetti M15 memory fail.

Default Olivetti M15 memory fail.

Dear All,

I have an Olivetti M15 that reports a memory fail after the first 16 kb (17-32 kb) and then (obviously) hangs.
    I would like to replace the failed chip(s) but I do not have a map that tells me which chip(s) to replace!
    I need to know for each chip (18 in total) for which part of the memory it is used...

Can somebody help?
    I already downloaded the manual bot I cannot find anything.

thank you

Can't help you... But maybe you can help me... Because I also have an M15, but it's not working at all. The thing is, the battery slot is empty. Does yours startup with or without battery? If with, what kind and voltage are they?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ST1 View Post
    Can't help you... But maybe you can help me... Because I also have an M15, but it's not working at all. The thing is, the battery slot is empty. Does yours startup with or without battery? If with, what kind and voltage are they?
    I removed the battery!!! I was afraid it could create problems since it is not working. it must work also without the battery.
    As per my experience, the M15 is very sensitive to the external PSU! Mine is working well with its original PSU but behaving bad when I use a "modern" PSU (similar V and enough A).

Ah... I remember now that I had to repair (not personally) the power button zone but I cannot remember what was done!

Can you please try to find out what has been fixed at your's at the power button zone?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ST1 View Post
    Can you please try to find out what has been fixed at your's at the power button zone?
    You are lucky since my friend remembers...:
    he had to replace the fuse and the backup battery (I discover now that the M15 has a backup battery);
    he had to reweld the power connectors (do not ask more...): I suppose that some wires were loose...
    I hope this helps...