Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IDE hard drive in XT computer

I use INTERLNK/SVR and LapLink parallel or serial to connect PCs without HDD to a 486 with a 2GB HDD. This way I have all files centrally. Some software does not work with that solution unfortunately however.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Hey Krille, I traded with RadRacer. I just don't have the time to try getting the XT universal bios working on the Juko card these days.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterNC View Post
    I use INTERLNK/SVR and LapLink parallel or serial to connect PCs without HDD to a 486 with a 2GB HDD. This way I have all files centrally. Some software does not work with that solution unfortunately however.
    Peter, there's software that utilizes that same parallel cable setup to run a full client/server network and that aforementioned software will most likely work via that network, enabling the PCs without HDDs to fully utilize the 486's 2GB drive.
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Cool. What software would that be?

There's Lantastic Z which can use either a serial or a parallel cable and there's U-NET II which is a complete Server/Workstation network via parallel cable.

Have a look at the manual:

README.txt
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Interesting. Will have to try those out at some point in the future. Thank you.