Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Threw in the towel.

Blog Entries

The Toaster isn't just overlaws (overlays?). It's a 4-input analog switcher with two digital framebuffers. There were plenty of people, at least round here, using them for profit right up until the demise of NTSC. Then most either retired or became still image photographers. I don't know of any that kept doing video work but switched platforms. I didn't know of anyone like that using the Flyer; they all had spensive tape decks instead. I did know of a few hobbyists, including myself, with Flyers. But I think NewTek sold more than a handful of them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    The Toaster isn't just overlaws (overlays?). It's a 4-input analog switcher with two digital framebuffers. There were plenty of people, at least round here, using them for profit right up until the demise of NTSC. Then most either retired or became still image photographers. I don't know of any that kept doing video work but switched platforms. I didn't know of anyone like that using the Flyer; they all had spensive tape decks instead. I did know of a few hobbyists, including myself, with Flyers. But I think NewTek sold more than a handful of them.
    Yes, I meant overlays, rolling text, graphics, etc.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    Yes, I meant overlays, rolling text, graphics, etc.
    That is one of (really several of) the things the Toaster does. But primarily it's a video switcher.

You can do all of what I suspect you're thinking of with just a genlock.