Image Map Image Map

Thread: Found an "STN ATLAS" military luggable

Default Found an "STN ATLAS" military luggable

Picked this mystery box off of ebay as "Non functioning". No idea of the state of internals, etc. After some messing It works just dandy as a Socket 7 Pentium 100

More pictures here
    https://imgur.com/gallery/m8qbqY0

Blog Entries

Nice TEMPEST system, perhaps.

Do you mean Tempest tested? Approved for use where prying eyes can't see? Do they still do Tempest testing nowadays?

Blog Entries

Well, whatever the German equivalent is--this is a system from Germany--note the keyboard layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Nice TEMPEST system, perhaps.
    Possibly, with the fine mesh covering the screen and otherwise completely enclosed in metal.

A planet that's evolving And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

Nice, I really have a thing for system like this.
    Also 128mb of ram might not be the best idea, don't go over the max cacheble size or things will get slow.
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Nice, I really have a thing for system like this.
    Also 128mb of ram might not be the best idea, don't go over the max cacheble size or things will get slow.
    As it stands all places I see for 32MB 72p sticks cost more than I paid for the machine. I don't want to spend more than $10 on RAM, I may end just just getting it up to 64 with 4*16 which is in my budget

Unless it can take 64MB sticks? 2 slots unused? Intel 430VX chipset, PIIX3 - the manual isn't clear on this

Blog Entries

The VX systems I have manuals for indicate that largest capacity stick supported is 32MB.

Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    The VX systems I have manuals for indicate that largest capacity stick supported is 32MB.
    I did just find this https://www.manualslib.com/manual/59...page=38#manual
    It seems to suggest I can just use 2 slots with 64/ea. Strange thing is this manual says its the same as the Atlas' motherboard model (PR5), but my board doesn't have DIMM slots, only SIMMs. Everything else is spot on as far as component and header locations