Image Map Image Map

Thread: 8008 and Z80 ICEs

Default 8008 and Z80 ICEs

Hi all

I've just completed re-engineering Bob Grieb's Tauntek 8080-ICE as he doesn't make them any more:

IMG_1172.jpg

ICE ICE baby.jpg

I've got permission to offer these, so is there any interest in this board or the Z80-ICE (which I plan to do next)?

Cheers
    JonB

Yes on the Z80 board. Nice work, by the way.
    --
    Bughlt: Sckmud
    Shut her down Scotty, she's sucking mud again!

Jon -

Nice work! I arranged a run of the original boards a while back. Unfortunately sourcing the original CPLD was difficult.

https://www.retrobrewcomputers.org/d...kaufman:z80ice

I've had occasional requests from folks about availability, so I'm sure there will be interest.

- Gary

Are not the XC9536's hard to get now they have been OOP for quite a few years? Do you plan on redesigning it to remove the obsolete parts?

It was redesigned to take the 3.3v variant - 9536XL. There's a jumper onboard to set the CPLD voltage. The one pictured uses the PC44 package (socketed). It works with the 5v and 3.3v part. This means you can use whatever is available. The only fly in the ointment is that there are glitches with the MD and MT commands. I'm looking into it. Otherwise, it works fine.

To redesign for a newer CPLD would take a lot longer, because I'd have to learn more about CPLDs. But that doesn't seem necessary because I can still order the 3.3v CPLD in an SMT package from Farnell. So a board that can use these chips is do-able, at least for the time being.
    Last edited by JonB; November 9th, 2018 at 11:56 AM.

JonB,
    I'm interested in the Z80ICE (one or possibly 2).

Larry