Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who can configure an ATI Mach32 PCI graphics card for me

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    I was referring to 'straight' ISA boards. Ever come by one of those with onboard video?
    As it happens, I have several:
    * Compaq Deskpro 386s/20
    * Compaq Deskpro 386s/25
    * Compaq Deskpro 386/25e
    * IBM PS/2 Model 30 286

Of course, the motherboards for all of these were never intended to be sold to the general public except as part of a full system. To Agent Orange's point, I don't think I've ever seen a 'retail' ISA-only motherboard with built-in video.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kgober View Post
    As it happens, I have several:
    * Compaq Deskpro 386s/20
    * Compaq Deskpro 386s/25
    * Compaq Deskpro 386/25e
    * IBM PS/2 Model 30 286

Of course, the motherboards for all of these were never intended to be sold to the general public except as part of a full system. To Agent Orange's point, I don't think I've ever seen a 'retail' ISA-only motherboard with built-in video.
    Thanks, and you're right about the OEM boards. Most 'roll your own' folks from back then couldn't barely afford to toss together a clone let alone a Deskpro.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

A planet that's evolving And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour

Why the match32 in such a new system?

Anyway have you tried using power strip to change display settings?
    I have dyslexia, I have alot of trouble putting my thoughts into words and spelling/grammar is something I struggle with.
    You may need to read my posts twice to understand what I said.

You know what, I vaguely recall running into this, and I don't think the PCI Mach32 has the configuration EEPROM that the other Mach32 boards have. (maybe it was an ISA mach32 that didn't have the configuration EEPROM? in any case I definitely ran into a mach32 that definitely didn't have a configuration EEPROM.)

I expect because, by then, Windows95 was a thing and those drivers would have taken care of everything going on in the configuration EEPROM that previously mattered because there was no such similar facility for DOS.