Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Optimizing DOS 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Being pedantic to novices just confuses them and wastes time.
    I don't think kgober is a novice. Why would you say that he is?
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen

Blog Entries

I'm not saying kgober is a novice, I'm saying the OP is in this area (that's why they're asking about it). Your response could be construed as something the OP would want to ask more about and pursue. This would lead to asking questions, trying things, and eventually learning that they can't use graphics mode if they dedicate some video memory to general-purpose UMBs, which makes the suggestion and exercise ultimately pointless.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    I'm not saying kgober is a novice, I'm saying the OP is in this area (that's why they're asking about it). Your response could be construed as something the OP would want to ask more about and pursue. This would lead to asking questions, trying things, and eventually learning that they can't use graphics mode if they dedicate some video memory to general-purpose UMBs, which makes the suggestion and exercise ultimately pointless.
    Gee, I thought that asking questions, trying things and eventually learning were forum POSITIVES.

Man, if the topic is pointless or beneath you just ignore it!
    ☀☀☀ Visit Take Another Step for both computer and non-computer related discussions. ☀☀☀

If you're looking for DS/DD or DS/HD 3" or 5" floppy disks, PM me. I've got some new, used, and factory over-labeled disks for sale.

There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. -- Leonard Cohen