Image Map Image Map

Thread: need help to indetify an 8 bit isa card

Blog Entries

Default need help to indetify an 8 bit isa card

Hi guys today i found this isa 8 bit card on a flea market and im need help to know what is it and how to use it if possible.
    The card have a text on top that says "PC APPLE TRANSFER CCARD FT-850306 1985 V1.0"
    Fits on a 8bit isa slot and have a 34 pin edge connector and 34 pin connector for floppy drive.
    Searched on google but don't find anything relevant.
    Pictures below.

Blog Entries

Looks like a clone of the Micro Solutions Match Point PC. I haven't compared it with mine, but the general layout seems to match.

Blog Entries

I suspect it is something similar to the Central Point Copy II PC which would control floppy drives to read Apple II or Mac disks. Plug in the system floppy cable to one of the two floppy connectors, run a cable to the drive being used to read Apple disks and run special software to read the disks. Modifying existing software to work with an unknown card will be a difficult challenge. Try contacting the seller if possible and see if any disks were saved when the system was broken apart. Might get lucky and find the correct disk.

Blog Entries

Not at all as sophisticated as the Copy II PC--some SSI TTL and a few PALs.

I even did one of my own design back in the day. The interesting thing is that the Apple II floppy interface was scarcely more than a ROM, a latch and some buffers as a sequencer--it relied heavily on the 6502 timing. A really detailed explanation of the operation can be found in Jim Sather's "Understanding the Apple II" books. Later, this simple logic was subsumed into the IWM.

Since there's no cycle-correct emulation of the 6502 possible using the PCs 8088, timings have to be developed through some added circuitry.

Quote Originally Posted by soviet9922 View Post
    Hi guys today i found this isa 8 bit card on a flea market...
    Quote Originally Posted by krebizfan View Post
    Try contacting the seller if possible and see if any disks were saved when the system was broken apart. Might get lucky and find the correct disk.
    How would you go about contacting a seller at a flea market?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    How would you go about contacting a seller at a flea market?
    Go to the next flea market and see if the seller shows up?

Blog Entries

I don't think i will get much more information from the seller in the flea market, when i purchased the boards from him he was in the process of getting stone drunk on cheap wine.

Hi,

Did you ever find any software or more info on this card? I wonder if the MatchPoint SW would work with it.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!